Faversham Kent
Click your mouse on one of the locations below - Then use the zoom bar for fine tuning

  • Faversham

    Faversham was granted its first charter in AD 811, and the town centres on Market Square, where a market is still held. Abbey Street is the show street, restored since 1961 as part of a conservation scheme. It is named after the abbey founded by King Stephen in 1147 and destroyed at the Reformation. The houses in Abbey Street are mellowed brick and half-timbered, leading to 17th century warehouses on Standard Quay, built with reused stone and timbers from the abbey.
    Number 80 is part of the abbey gatehouse, rebuilt in 1538-40 for Thomas Arden, mayor. He was murdered here in 1550 and his tale is told in ARDEN OF FAVERSHAM, a play of 1592. West Street is another rewarding street of half-timbered buildings. The church has a graceful 'flying spire', a well-loved landmark.

More Info

(JavaScript must be enabled)

Faversham Home
About Us
Kentpoi is a free resource.
We seek to offer our visitors something entertaining, interesting and relevant every time they visit this website.

We are constantly updating the content of this website based on the feedback from our audience.

Advertise on this website?

Target Specific Advertising

Terms & Conditions

Terms & Conditions

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy

Contact
Our Friends
Stacks Image 6363

Kentculture - Promoting Talent
Kentculture

Stacks Image 6367

Website designed and maintained by Themeweavers

Kent Tourism Brochures
Kent Interactive Maps
Kent Towns & Villages